Sunday, June 20, 2010

If you want me to

The pathway is broken and the signs are unclear
and I don't know the reason why you brought me here
but just because you love me the way that you do
I will walk through the valley if you want me to

because I'm not who I was when I took my first step
and I'm clingin to the promise you're not through with me yet
so if all of these trials bring me closer to you
then I will go through the fire if you want me to

it may not be the way I would've chosen
when you lead me through a world that's not my home
but you never said it would be easy
you only said I'd never go alone

so when the whole world's turned against me and I'm all by myself
and I can't hear you answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering your love put you through
and I'll go through the valley if you want me to

('If you want me to' by Ginny Owens)

It's been a hard day/afternoon. My raw edges of emotions have crept out. Just feeling disconnected and alone, more so than usual. (On the up side, my running to Jesus is getting faster). Right now, I'm trying to sit with it all. It's so hard, not knowing specifics, but if I did, would I have done it? I honestly can't say.

But God is good, and to that I cling. With all the uncertainties, HIS lovingkindness/grace/mercy/love is bedrock foundation.

Oh, God, help me to be faithful and to trust, even when I don't understand and my emotions run amok. Help me to be the person you're shaping me to be, and do what you need to for that to occur. PLEASE help me with cultivating patience. I want to be worthy of your best when it is provided to me. Provide me with opportunities to show the world the joy that is found within a relationship with you. Help me with my interactions with others.

Happy Father's Day to the perfect Father of all. Thank you.
In Jesus' name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment