Sunday, June 6, 2010

Married

So it's been a good weekend, and great day of community, even WITH getting sunburnt. I was going along, and going to scrape some wallpaper, then found a dead mouse under the sink.

I did a good girl freakout, and as I walked to the car to get the work gloves, I thought, "Man, I wish I were married."

Because besides the obvious (love,family,sex,etc), my mind is ever working in practicalities. I don't LIKE having to figure out how to dispose of a dead mouse, and if I were married, there would be someone there to provide AT LEAST the OPTION of me not having to do it. (I can do a lot of things; some times, though, it'd be nice to not necessarily do it all the time for myself). So far, my practical list contains: performing tick-check, killing spiders/insects, moving heavy things, decisions, snow removal (especially at 4 am!) and now mouse-disposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment