Sunday, October 24, 2010

What a week...

travelled, stayed with kids,
had to work on Thursday night - had a patient who wasn't great, but had gotten better since the last time I'd cared for him (off the vent)---
only to come in on Friday night and find that he'd died about an hour before I got there.

Unexpected, and yet not - I didn't see it coming.
That was the night that I sent another lady to hospice (for dying), then took this man's lines and tubes out, and bathed him, and put him in 'the bag'...

and then I took 2 new patients, one of which told me @ 4 am that I 'wasn't doing anything' and yelled at me...

I had a conversation with someone, and just have a BAD FEELING about it---the last time I had a bad feeling like this was the idea of voting for Obama :)...

It's been a workweek of sore body, and next week I have to drive to Indy every day for work-related stuff...


But PRAISE GOD!

Church was fantastic. Even in my slower state, I could tell God was there. The message was needed, and each song was perfect for its time.

I was able to weep for Tom (my patient who died - i always cry for my patients that die) at the best time, talk a little about my weariness, get prayer and hugs---something I really do miss.

I woke up about 30 minutes ago, and think I'm going to go treat myself to dinner out, as I haven't eaten since 1 AM, and why not? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment