Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Commitment

So I've been watching 'Kitchen Nightmares' on hulu.com. It's a show on eateries that are floundering, and Chef Gordon Ramsay comes in, is BRUTALLY honest with them, and tries to help them turn things around.

And that made me think about commitment. Most of the people stick with it, because their committed, INVESTED in the business; the people, etc.

What are you invested in?

Thinking about church. I create attendance reports, which are mainly composed of 'guest', 'regular attender', and 'member', and the main difference between these groups are (for many) the level of commitment/involvement.

I had a conversation recently with a friend, who was complaining about church things, but she wasn't offering to help create change, or even offering of herself within church activities.

If there aren't things there for you, maybe that means you need to help provide things for others (and thereby learn that THAT is what was for you, in the first place).

I don't know if it's just Americans, or people in general, but it seems like we want what's best for me - which isn't necessarily a BAD thing, but as with most things, too much of it can be.

(I think I might just be rambling now, and I've got a meeting, so I'm stopping now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment