Saturday, July 3, 2010

3rd of July

Came outside to see if I could catch a glimpse of some fireworks, but I'm too surrounded by trees, so I'm on the back porch with the cat, enjoying the sounds of the holiday.

Fireworks are one of those things that I don't completely understand (how chemicals can be packed in a certain way so as to create different colors and shapes in midair), and yet I enjoy them, in spite of the uncertainty.



On an unrelated note, I've been thinking for about the last 2 weeks or so that my relationship with God should be like my cat's relationship with me. I should seek God always, talk with him any time of the day or night, want to be as close as I can and not let him out of my sight, and depend on him as my lifeline. Thank you, Black Cat, for being my example, and for coming along on this journey known as Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment