Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sometimes God makes me laugh, because that's all I can do. This week is the direct opposite of last week. This week, (so far) work has been an even keel. Sunday evening I was allowed access to a conversation that was unexpected and has been on my heart and mind ever since (so it's a GOOD thing that work has been fairly steady!). And then the laptop hard drive was overtaken by the blue screen of death (and I wept, only just partially about the computer, because THIS is really about THAT).

And on one of my drives up to work, thinking and attempting not to cry again over the conversation, the thought entered my mind that 'God never gives us more than we can handle', and out loud I said, "Oh, really. You think I can handle this? Well, I'm just giving it right back to you, because I don't want it and don't know what to do with it!"

I'm almost done with "Through Painted Deserts", and have started "Soul Cravings" by Edwin MacManus. Is it bad that I picked it up @ HalfPriceBooks because I liked the cover? Today I started it while in class, and read through a third of it after small group. That part was on love and people and God, and reminded me of C.S. Lewis :).

No comments:

Post a Comment