Monday, July 12, 2010

The seen and the unseen

This morning my work day of orientation classes was later, so I was looking forward to sleeping in until 6. At 5 am, I awake to the sound of the small bell on the cat's collar just FREAKING out, ringing like mad. I tell the cat to be quiet; to lay down. I wing a stuffed animal and pillow in her general direction, all the while moaning how I'm losing my lie-in. The noise finally stops, and I roll over.

I get out of bed at 6, and right behind where my head is on the bed, where the cat was making a ruckus, is a dead mouse.

My morning was spent between freaking that another mouse was in the house, and profusely apologizing and thanking the cat.

And then I started the book, 'Waking the Dead' by John Eldredge, today at lunch, and just laughed. It talks about the seen and the unseen; stepping out of the everyday life and into the extraordinary; myth and the bigger picture; an ongoing struggle....

When I get to see how it all gets tied in, I can't help but smile.



(Still could use some prayer, please)

No comments:

Post a Comment