Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Life

There is a theme going on. It's amazing how all the books I've been reading lately ('Waking the Dead', 'Chasing Daylight', and now 'A Million Miles in A Thousand Years') deal with life - specifically, ACTIVELY living life and the how to engage in the story of your life. After a long hiatus, I watched the whole of the 'Lord of the Rings' movies. The epic myth called out to my soul, to remind of the important things of life.

On Sunday, as I sat eating a wonderfully greasy patty melt and listened to talk of ministry, I just again felt the impetus to contribute; to DO something. I basically ended up begging for something, anything; tasks. And then as I worked through the tasks found for me, I just felt honored to be assisting in work that would count, taking a little off the plates of others so they could focus on other things. In my mind on numerous times through the day came the parable of the talents - about being faithful with a few things, and then being able to be put over many things. I really don't know at this point what my preferences would be in assisting, but I feel well on my way to hopefully being faithful with what I am given.

No comments:

Post a Comment