Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Switcheroo

It's amazing how quickly things can change. You think it will be one sort of a day, and the next thing you know, another type of day has walked up and slapped you in the face, standing back to see your response.

My insecurities have been unknowingly been dumped over my head, to see if any will stick. The episode in question happened over a month ago---a friend in conversation gave me a mirror, and since then it gets pulled it out on occasion and used to cut the conversation and sniff the words; using seemingly innocuous things and taking them within in the most hurtful ways. In my head I know the words weren't intended for this, but it's an easy target - a chink in the armor. Sometimes I wish the heart could be turned off as easily as one can turn off the water to a toilet; then I think that it might be good for a moment, but if you keep trying to use it, unwanted waste will build up, which means more work in the long run.

So I'll keep the water to my heart open - it keeps the runoff valve of my eyes in check.

God, You know the situation, and the hearts and minds involved. I can only control my actions, thoughts, and feelings, but I need Your help. Thank you for being a part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment