Thursday, January 13, 2011

Blech.

I'm not quite sure what to say today. So far, I'm still awake, which is a good thing, as I've been monumentally thrown off my night-shift sleep schedule that I had cultivated. I've decided to blame the holidays and my whirlwind visit home, as that make me have to change up the fairly regular work schedule that I'd created. The past week I have reverted to sleeping as I did when I first started working nights, with only sleeping or staying awake a few hours at a stretch, and the awake hours being groggy and worthless for getting anything of value performed. (example--I worked Monday night into Tuesday morning. Because of the snow I didn't get home until 9, but wasn't able to go to sleep until after 11 am, and that was with medicinal assistance. I wanted to only sleep until 4 at the latest so I could 'flip' and sleep the entire night, but I ended up sleeping until after 6 pm, then was awake for about 90 minutes, then slept until 11 pm, was awake until 2 am Wednesday morning, when I took something else to help me sleep, and I nodded in and out until 1 pm. I called my grandmother, slept from 3-7, got a call from my mom, slept from 9-11pm, was awake from 12-2am Thursday, slept from 2-5 am, then got up to begin my day...)This week is my weekend to work, so I'm hoping that I will be able to return to my schedule soon.

I need to find some way to keep myself occupied for about the next hour and a half. I can't allow myself too much time to overthink certain things, which I've found is a good thing to know about yourself. I think I've been pretty productive so far today. I've figured out many tasks that are either in-process or crossed of the list (always a good thing) and I've got some more 'to-do', as I volunteered and had takers :).

I think I might get off here and try to read some more on 'Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell'. I've been working on that book what seems like forever. I enjoy it very much, but it's not one that can be easily picked up,read, & put down along the course of a day, but requires time to extract the world and the story within it.

No comments:

Post a Comment